Product management starts here.
Before building and managing your product, you need to understand your organisations aims, strategies and culture and what they means for you.
Product Management: Understanding Business Context and Focus explores how business context and focus relate to, and impact, product management from the organisation’s vision statement to goals, objectives, strategy, values and culture.
It specifically looks at:
- what each encompasses
- the different approaches taken by organisations, and
- how this flows down to and can be navigated by product people in mid-to-large organisations
Complete the Product Management Series
Understanding Business Context & Focus is 1 of 4 books in the Product Management Series. The other 3 books are:
- Product Management: Mastering the Product Role – more
- Product Management: Bringing New Products to Market – more
- Product Management: Managing Existing Products – more
As a series, the books are designed to provide a straight-talking and pragmatic approach to the spectrum of activities required to create, deliver and manage products that create value for your customers and business.
With its friendly and personable tone content is brought to life with references, diagrams, illustrations, examples, case studies and quotes from over 50 interviews.